Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sisters


When I found out that was going to have another baby girl (Rose) over a year ago I cried out of excitement- for mostly one reason- that Lils would have a sister! Is there anything more wonderful than having a sister? Sisters that listen, love, understand, don't pass judgment, show compassion, talk you through, keep you laughing, cry with you, really know you inside and out.

We didn't always get along. I remember a knock-down-punchin'-n-screamin' match with Cora when I swept over her foot with the broom while she was washing dishes after dinner! She said, "don't do that again" and I did. We were kicking and biting and screaming so bad all over the house for a good5/6 mins when all of a sudden we both just started howling with laughter! We laughed so hard we cried! Cora and I passed a notebook back and forth to eachother in High School with hilarious notes to eachother. Lorel and I shared a room most of our childhood and would talk to eachother late into the night. One night as I was laying, staring at the ceiling talking about what 11 year old girls talk about, Lorel snuck up beside my bed and scared me so bad, I didn't stop screaming until, like a few days ago! :)

I am just so grateful for my amazing sisters! We were all able to get together a few weekends ago- we laughed, we cried, we were HILARIOUS, and just silly. I love you so much Cora and Lorel! Wish you could've been with us Mama Bears!

1 comment:

Lorel said...

Love you too, pooky! Sisters are the best. Hey, speaking of you being the best. Remember when you stole my BOM a few months ago? Can you mail it back to me?! Please!! Ask for a book rate and it shouldn't be more than a couple of dollars. Thanks!