Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Baptism

What a fun weekend we had! Lil turned 8 on Sunday and got to celebrate it the best way, she got baptized! We had a great turn out of friends and family to enjoy this awesome day with us! Thank you to everyone who came to show your love for Lils!

It was really special to see Dave and Lil dressed in white. Dave was a little nervous and so proud! I really loved being there in the dressing room waiting with the towel and being the first to wrap her up in my arms! She was just beaming, I was crying, and all of the stress of preparation went out the window. She said, "I want to do that again!" As I held her in my arms I felt as if I were in the place of the Savior welcoming her. I felt such a joy! So proud and overwhelmed. How did we get here? How did my little girl grow up all of a sudden?

Her poor little brother had a hard time with all of the attention on his sister, so he needed a lot of love. I haven't had a 55+ lb kid on my lap that long ever... so it was pretty intense! :) After the baptism she received the gift of the Holy Ghost with a beautiful blessing. What a special day!

My Mom flew out from Virginia to be with us and my sister and her husband and three kids drove out from Utah. We had a full house and a LOT of chocolate, cupcakes, and good home cookin'! It is always so special to have my Mom here. E cried the whole way home from dropping Grammy off at the airport. I've never seen him cry because he is missing someone before. It was bittersweet. Cora and Brian always bring the fun and our kids just LOVE eachother! They played Mario, in the hot tub, and mostly with these dang "Squinkies" that are all the fad now!

Saturday for her birthday party we had the biggest birthday bash ever. She's never had a big birthday party- so this one she got to go horseback riding! She and her cousins and a few friends went to a horse stable and each got 10 minutes on a horse, they even got to trot around. Lil was in heaven! Not to mention E and Norie who absolutely loved it! It was such a fun experience! After the horse riding, we went across the street to a great park, played and ate cake and ice cream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This made me teary-eyed, thinking of how emotional I will be in 8 years when my baby girl gets baptized! So sweet Lenore.