
Y'all knew this post was inevitable, and I promise not to spoil anything for you "late readers"- but HOLY COW! That book was amazing! Clark said to me the night of the release- "If you don't go at midnight, then you're just not as big of a fan as I thought!" Yes, that was a challenge- so I called two of my new friends here in Cali and they called some friends and well, we were the only moms there who weren't there with their 12 year old daughters (or sitting in the cafe at Borders with the dads waiting for this to end!) But who cares! We bonded by our love for these books!
It was a blast- after the first 10 or 15 minutes, we no longer felt embarrassed by our age and just embraced our "Twilight" obsession! Talking to the girls in line if they thought the guy they picked for the movie to play Edward was cute.. because I personally think it should be Christian Bale (I know, I know, he's too old... but so am I right?!) Trying to answer the "Twilight" trivia like "what direction was Bella walking when Edward noticed her scent in this particular scene..." Are you kidding me?! The craziest part was, half of the 100+ girls knew the answer! They asked how many of them had read the books over five times.. even MORE raised their hands! Wow. I can't separate myself from them too much... but I'm not THAT bad, right?! :) We later went to the little fortune teller they had there, I'm sure she was just a "Borders" employee who pulled the short straw. We were to ask her any question about us. I asked how old she thought I was- she said "22 or 23" Yay! I'm sure she was just being nice. So I got a pair of pink fangs. As you can see by the pictures below, she wasn't very good at guessing ages.
6 comments:
You are SO funny! If we lived closer I would so have already made fun of you big time! Just kidding, I'm just not as cool as you are with your obsession with your love for vampires! And you are right, I was waiting for this post! Love ya!
Love the post! I am just waiting 'til I finish the book this afternoon to do my own.:) And I am so glad you included me in your twilight craziness.
hey lenore,
it sounds like you have been having crazy amounts of fun lately. Hang gliding looked awesome!!! I don't know if i would have had the guts to run off the cliff!! talk to you soon.
Your new friends are lucky to have you in their bunch, you could make anything super fun! and for Bale, i totally agree. the guy they picked is cute and all but not edward. Bale is HOT for anything! but yeah, way to old.
SO FUN! I wished I could have gone with you and then we could have gone to the cheesecake factory! Lenore you are so fun! I miss you! There is only one Lenore in the world!
So fun! I loved the twilight series!! I love the skydiving oh my gosh so fun!!
Post a Comment